NAB Show® Speakers are from all over the world, and represent media and entertainment's best and brightest innovators. We invite you to join this prestigious group of alumni.
NAB Show Conference Speakers receive:
- Complimentary Registration – Conference Speakers receive a free Conference Flex Pass. PIT speakers receive a free Exhibits-only registration. Your registration is handled for you in advance.
- Concierge badge service – Upon arrival at the Show, you may proceed to one of three Speaker Ready Rooms to pick up your Speaker Badge Holder.
- You will need to present some form of government-issued ID in order to pick up your Badge Holder. Badge Holders may also be picked up at any Registration or Badge Holder Pickup location, however, there are typically lines at these locations.
- Show site amenities – Your Speaker Badge provides you with access to the Speaker Ready Rooms, where you can grab a cup of coffee, access the Internet or meet up with your colleagues. Ready Rooms are open during Show Registration hours.
- Year-round networking with peers – NAB Show Speaker Alumni are invited to participate in a LinkedIn networking group for "inside information" and early announcements of Show developments.
- Industry recognition – NAB Show Speakers are featured within session listings and elsewhere on www.nabshow.com, including photo and bio information. The NAB Show website generates 900,000 total visits, 540,000 unique visitors and over 3 million page views annually.
Call For Speakers
The NAB Show Call for Speakers is now closed. Check the Speaking Opportunities page for more information.
Does NAB Show reimburse my travel as a Speaker?
No. Speakers are responsible for their own expenses, to include hotel, meals, travel and ground transportation. NAB Show offers complimentary shuttle service between the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) and all official hotels with the exception of the Las Vegas Hotel & Casino and the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, which are both within walking distance of the LVCC.
Are there negotiated rates for travel or hotel available for Speakers?
Yes. NAB Show negotiates very attractive hotel rates and travel deals for all Attendees. The official NAB Show Housing site has additional information. NAB Show suggests that you make your hotel arrangements no later than March 1, 2013 to guarantee the best selection at the lowest rates.
When and how are Speakers selected?
There are 600 sessions taking place at NAB Show, within several targeted Conference and Training Programs. Each Program is different, but typically Speakers are selected via feedback from technical advisory committees, the NAB Show Program Advisory Group, industry surveys and the all-industry Call for Speakers. The NAB Show Program is finalized by mid-February, with most Speakers selected by that time.
What happens if I lose my badge?
You may proceed to the Speaker Ready Room, or Main Registration, to pick up another badge. You will be asked to present some form of government-issued ID, as well as pay an onsite processing fee to replace your badge.
Can I bring a guest to the Show to attend my session?
Yes. You may request one Session Pass for a guest to attend your session. All guests must be badged for security purposes, so your guest will be registered as an Exhibits-only Attendee and will need to have both the badge and Session Pass available in order to enter your session room. Session Passes must be requested one week in advance and can be reserved for you at the Speaker Ready Room for pickup.
Who do I speak to about a Session Pass, or other needs?
Each NAB Show Conference has a designated contact for Speaker care. You will be able to view the contact list through the Online Speaker Ready Room upon acceptance as a Speaker.
What registration is included for PIT and Info Session speakers?
A limited number of Conference registrations are included with Info Session sponsorship as outlined in your contract. All other Info Session speakers above this allotment receive free Exhibits Only registration. PIT speakers receive free Exhibits-only registration.
What are the technical specifications for my Session?
Room specifications vary depending on the Conference Program. You will be able to review the audiovisual and room specifications for your session upon being notified of acceptance and after you have logged in to the Online Speaker Ready Room.
Is there a template for slide presentations?
Yes. You will find this in the NAB Show Online Speaker Ready Room.
Will my session be recorded and if so can I get a copy?
Most sessions will be AUDIO recorded and made available via NAB Show's NAB Show Playback following the event. All Speakers with recorded Sessions will receive a link to access their Session at no charge. Speakers must complete the "Speaker/Panelist Release and Consent" form (available in the Online Speaker Ready Room) in order to be recorded. (Sessions with multiple speakers cannot be recorded unless all speakers have signed and returned their release form.)
A limited number of sessions will also be VIDEO recorded. These are typically limited to the Opening Session, General Sessions and Super Sessions. Copies of these recordings can be made available upon request via your Session staff liaison or via Denise Brassé.
Can I video record my own Session?
Requests are granted on a case-by-case basis, via Denise Brassé. Typically Speakers must incur expenses on their own if they are recording, and a Filming Permit must be requested.
How can I increase pre-Show buzz about my Session?
NAB Show has several social media opportunities available for you to promote your presence as a Speaker:
- NAB Show Blog
- NAB Show on Facebook
- NAB Show Group on LinkedIn
- NAB Show Speaker Alumni Group on LinkedIn
Once your Session is posted live on the NAB Show website, we recommend you also create a short URL to your Session through one of the various "free" applications available such as http://tiny.cc/.