Health and Safety
The Safety of Our Community is the #1 Priority
Creating a healthy and safe environment for visitors to NAB Show remains a top priority. We are working with a top medical firm to guarantee we are following all health and safety protocols as outlined by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC). As information around the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed.
Updated: July 28, 2021
COVID Trace is a free, easy-to-use Mobile app that notifies you if you’ve likely been exposed to COVID-19. Download here.
All visitors will have access to qualified first aid and telemedicine visits.
Visitors may be required to undergo health screenings such as temperature checks or other screening processes upon entry.
Please refrain from greeting one another using any physical contact. To assist in minimizing potential physical contact, transparent partitions will be placed in all areas that require closer contact between visitors.
Our meeting rooms and floor theaters will be set at 75% capacity.
The technology behind the registration system will allow you to get your credentials in a safe, touch-free process. If possible, register at one of our hotel satellite locations (listed here) before arriving at the LVCC.
Aria • Bally’s • Bellagio • Caesars Palace • Circus Circus • Cosmopolitan • Cromwell • Elara • Embassy Suites • Encore • Flamingo • Harrah’s • LINQ • MGM Grand • Mirage • New York New York • Paris • Park MGM • Planet Hollywood • Sahara • The Signature at MGM Grand • SpringHill Suites • Treasure Island • Vdara • Venetian/Palazzo • Waldorf Astoria • Westgate • Westin • Wynn
The LVCC has invested in HVAC upgrades to allow for greater ventilation as well as using air filters with a quality rating of MERV 14 (hospital grade filtration system). The frequency of the filter changes and the outdoor air exchange rate have both been increased.
The LVCC will:
- Deep clean the campus prior to the Show
- Implement enhanced sanitation with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, escalator handrails and seating areas
- Utilize electrostatic sprayers containing approved disinfectant on high-touch surfaces during off-peak hours
- Add UV lights to disinfect select areas
- Sanitize restrooms on an hourly basis
- Increase back of house cleaning frequency
- Sanitize all AV equipment between uses
- Increase frequency of waste removal and strengthen waste separation
NAB Show exhibitors should review the recommendations on how to safely design booths and layout exhibit space. Exhibitors will have the option to order enhanced cleaning and disinfection services for their booths through Freeman and are strongly encouraged to do so.
Hand sanitizer stations will be placed in all public spaces, meeting room corridors, show floor areas and food and beverage areas. Participants are encouraged to regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
What our partners are doing:
- The city of Vegas has implemented a program called Vegas Smart, which applies to hotels, casinos, shows, restaurants and events. The program is about bringing the city back in a healthy and fun way.
- As a subset of this program, the city has created Meet Smart, Vegas Smart. As Vegas is the number one convention and meeting destination, the city thought it was important to implement meeting protocols throughout all meeting venues. These protocols follow the state mandated guidelines on cleaning practices, arrival procedures (aka screening, masks, etc), food service guidelines and the commitment of the event industry to enforce these guidelines and help the city and industry bounce back safely and quickly. There is a Meet Smart Travel Journey that describes all the protocols a visitor to the city should expect when coming for a meeting.
- The LVCC was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA, the world’s leading trade association for the cleaning industry. Considered the gold standard for safe facilities, the GBAC program was designed to control the risks associated with infectious agents, including the virus responsible for COVID-19. The accreditation means that the facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response
Freeman (General Contractor)
- View the SafeConnect Promise