Sustainability Awards Nominations
NAB Show: For Your Every Next
Entries Now Being Accepted
NAB Show is accepting entries for the newly launched Excellence in Sustainability Awards.
The new awards program recognizes individuals, companies, and products/services for outstanding innovations in media technology that promote conservation and reusability of natural resources and foster economic and social development. The NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Awards will be presented during a special ceremony on the Main Stage, Sunday April 16 at 3:30 p.m.
DEADLINE: Nominations are open now through
April 3, 2023.
In partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), NAB Show has selected Creative Visions as the recipient of proceeds from the inaugural Excellence in Sustainability awards program.
Curtis LeGeyt, NAB president and CEO, and Marc Aldrich, general manager of Media & Entertainment at AWS, will present a check to Creative Visions founder Kathy Eldon and CEO Pat Chandler, as part of the awards ceremony.
Watch this video to learn more about Creative Visions.
The awards program is supported by AWS, the world’s leading cloud provider and a leader in the media technology sector. AWS is also known for its efforts to support Amazon becoming net zero carbon by 2040.
Categories of excellence
The Sustainability Champion Award
Honoring individuals who demonstrate a passion in influencing their team or organization to achieve a more sustainable pathway.
The Sustainability in Leadership Award
Honoring organizations that have launched or completed sustainability initiatives.
The Sustainability in Product or Service Award
Honoring products or services that significantly improve sustainability or provide sustainable market alternatives that addresses a critical environmental challenge. Products/Services must be available in 2023.
Who is Eligible for Nomination?
NAB Show is accepting nominations from businesses of all sizes, locations and maturity, including non-profit organizations. Judged by an independent panel of sustainability experts, award winners will be chosen in each category, one each for small, medium, large and non-profit organizations.
Nominations are in the following categories.
- The Sustainability Champion Award — honoring individuals driving sustainability efforts and programs.
- The Sustainability Leadership Award — honoring organizations that have launched or completed sustainability initiatives.
- The Sustainability Product or Service Award — honoring products or services that significantly improve sustainability or provide sustainable market alternatives.
The 2023 NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Awards open at 11:00 a.m. EDT on January 25, 2023 and will close at 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 3, 2023 All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
Nomination fee is $595 per entry. Companies may nominate multiple products, organizations and individuals in multiple categories, but each product, organization or person must have its own paid entry form. No refunds of entry fees will be issued.
A submission into this challenge constitutes your acceptance of these official rules.
1. The 2023 Excellence in Sustainability Awards are sponsored by the National Association of Broadcasters and Amazon Web Services (AWS) (collectively, Sponsors). Sponsors are seeking entries (“Submission(s)”) compliant with the following rules and regulation: Nominations are in the following categories:
a. The Sustainability Champion Award — honoring an individual driving sustainability efforts and programs.
b. The Sustainability Leadership Award — honoring an organization that has launched or completed sustainability initiatives.
c. The Sustainability Product or Service Award — honoring products or services that significantly improve sustainability or provide a market alternative.
2. The Sustainability Champion Award, The Sustainability Leadership Award and The Sustainability Product or Service Award are collectively referred to herein as the “Awards.”
3. This is an independently judged awards program recognizing excellence in sustainability.
4. All questions on the entry form must be answered fully to help judges better understand the nomination and how it applies to the category as defined. Failure to fill in required fields or to submit incorrect information may result in disqualification.
5. Entrants may submit forms for as many different nominations as they like, in as many categories as they choose. Each entry covers 1 nomination in 1 category.
6. All decisions made by the judging panel are final.
7. For the Excellence in Sustainability Product nominations, professional-quality, high-resolution photography (under 5MB please) must be submitted with each completed entry form. At least two-color images must be submitted and five are permitted. Multiple views (other angles) and technical information/specification sheets are encouraged. You can upload .JPG .PNG .GIF files only. Each photo must be 300 DPI in resolution and each image must be under 5 MB. By submitting photography, you are granting NAB the right to publish it free of charge. Any copyright owner or photographer’s fees/usage rights are the responsibility of the submitter.
8. By submitting photography, you (a) represent and warrant that you own the exclusive rights and/or have obtained all necessary third-party consents to submit such images for consideration, (b) grant NAB and its designees, licensees or affiliates a fully paid, worldwide license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, republish and create derivative works of the entry in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to, print or digital publication in NAB publications or websites and (c) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless NAB and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any and all third-party claims arising from the entry and use of any such images submitted in connection with the competition.
9. Employees, Sponsors, the Award judges and each of their contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry.
10. Sponsors at their sole discretion shall determine the eligibility of any individual or entity and may disqualify any Participant at any time for any reason. In the event of a conflict or potential conflict between Submissions, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may choose to reject or disqualify one or more Submissions.
11. Judging will take place from the close of the submissions on April 3, 2023, through April 12, 2023.
12. By entering the Awards, Participants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Awards as reasonably requested by Sponsors at Sponsors’ expense and agree and consent to use of their name, image, voice, appearance, persona and/or likeness by Sponsors. Sponsors shall contact Participants in advance of any such request for interviews. The Submission may also be used for press and media purposes (including events and activities related to the Awards). Sponsors reserve the right to publish the name, image, voice, appearance, persona, and likeness of the Participants on the Awards here or through other media for publicity purposes.
13. Participants agree that personal data submitted with the Submission, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored, and otherwise used by Sponsors and/or their affiliates only for the purposes of conducting and administering the Awards. By entering the Awards, Participants agree to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data by Sponsors and/or their affiliates.
14. Participation is voluntary. By participating, entrants release and agree to hold harmless NAB, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this competition, or any competition-related activity. NAB is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, ineligible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
15. Sponsors are not responsible for any malfunction of the Awards website or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Submission due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Awards website, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit the ability to participate. Sponsors are not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent anyone from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Awards. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify those who violate the rules or interfere with the Awards in any manner.
16. If for any reason the Awards are not capable of running as planned, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Awards.
To be eligible for an award, nominations for the Excellence in Sustainability product or service category must be on display at the 2023 NAB Show for the first time and available for delivery in calendar year 2023. Decisions by the judges are final.
All questions on the entry form must be answered.
Entries will be judged by a panel of industry professionals. Sponsors will not be participating in the judging activities.
Judges will base their decisions on a variety of criteria, including leadership, innovation, and technical advancements in sustainability as noted below.
The Sustainability Champion Award recognizes an individual driving sustainability efforts and programs. This award celebrates a person who demonstrates a passion and commitment to positively challenging the current state and influencing their team, company, or organization to achieve a more sustainable pathway. Nominations must include supporting disclosures, and at least two, but not more than five, references or endorsements that demonstrate the candidate’s influence.
The Sustainability Leadership Award recognizes an organization that has launched or completed a sustainability initiative. This award rewards a company that is taking critical steps to transform its business in line with a sustainable future. Entries must include disclosures that support a sustainable and systemic transformation in alignment with the Paris Agreement and the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDG).
The Sustainability Product or Service Award recognizes products or services that significantly improve sustainability or provide sustainable product or service alternatives, addressing a critical environmental challenge. Entries must provide supporting disclosures that demonstrate real positive impact. The product or service must be available as of 2023.
The winners will be announced at the 2023 NAB Show during a special sustainability award ceremony on Sunday, April 16. In addition, the winners will be announced in a press release post event and featured on the 2023 NAB Show website. There are no monetary prizes. A NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability physical award will be presented to the winners. The value will not exceed 100 USD.
By entering this awards program, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and (b) that the decisions of the judges and NAB are final on all matters relating to the 2023 NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Awards.
Supporting Sustainability Through Storytelling
A portion of the nomination entry fees will be donated by NAB to Creative Visions, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting, promoting and amplifying the work of creative activists who ignite positive change through storytelling, impact media, art, education and technology. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has generously agreed to match NAB’s contribution in full.